Head Buyer’s AW13 Sale Edit
The bod & ted end of season sale is the perfect chance to get your hands on that piece you have been lusting after all season, and we recommend you don’t hang around! As you know, all of our pieces at bod & ted are hand-selected and most styles are exclusive and limited meaning that we tend not to have a lot of any one piece, especially not when sale time comes around!
Here are my top 5 AW13 sale picks:
1. My first pick has to be this gorgeous Odd Molly Forawalk Coat that is bound to be an investment for years to come. Classic but with a twist, the lace effect buttons and intricate embroidery just scream Odd Molly; this black wool coat will make sure you stay warm and stylish all winter!
2. Madeleine Thompsons’ luxe knitwear always features high on my winter wishlist and she has become a real favourite here at bod & ted; based on cost-per-wear her Polo Neck A-Line Jumper Dress has been my most sensible purchase of the season. It is very rare that any of her jumper dresses hang around long enough to see the sale, so it is the perfect time to snap one up! I wear mine layered over skinny jeans or leggings with ankle boots or knee highs for an instantly chic (and warm!) outfit. We can’t get enough of this moss green colour!
3. No winter wardrobe would be complete without a stylish accessory and this season it has been all about scarves; but not just any scarves. The Danish accessory brand Becksondergaard has become a firm favourite with our customers in just one season, and their stylish scarves with a playful twist are the perfect way to add a pop of colour to the dreariest of outfits! My favourite this season has to be the Leopol Scarf – leopard print is not going anywhere and I love how it has been updated this season in bright pink and blue – a must have!
4. Now this is not my usual style, but there is something I absolutely LOVE about the By Malene Birger Jahia Dress, now reduced to £161 in the bod & ted sale. The combination of the shift shape, monochromatic print and silk fabric make this dress so simple and chic. I love it worn with thick black tights and heels, topped off with a bib necklace like this gorgeous Tokyo Jane one.
5. Last but not least of my top 5 sale picks has to be the By Malene Birger Holger Cardigan. You may notice a bit of a theme here with another cashmere piece on my list, but the sale season really is the time to snap up an expensive piece of knitwear at a bargainous price. There is nothing not to love about this cardigan; it’s timeless boyfriend shape and gorgeous silver grey colour means you will be wearing it for seasons to come.